NARS Backstage Trend Report: A/W 09 Hervé Léger
Show: Hervé Léger
Lead Artist: Diane Kendal for NARS Cosmetics
Trend: Strong brow, dewy skin
Inspiration: For Fall 2009, Hervé Léger drums to the beat of an urban tribe with a gradient palette of earth tones polished by rich shades of deep ebony. Makeup artist Diane Kendal drew inspiration from Helmut Newton photographs, using the concept of a brave warrior - strong and fierce. “The collection is very hard and sculpted so we wanted to keep the skin neutral and show strength through the eyebrows,” said Diane.
Look: The focus was a very strong eyebrow with glowy skin, communicating strength without being too bold. “We created very fresh, dewy skin by using the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. It really allowed the skin’s natural highlights to shine through,” said Diane.
· Use NARSskin Hydrating Moisture Cream to moisturize
· Apply NARS Concealer as needed, to cover any imperfections
· Use a minimal amount of NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (NEW for Fall 2009) to even skin tone
· Brush brows to define natural shape
· With NARS Single Eyeshadow in Bali, fill in brows
· Brush again for even, natural look
· Apply gentle dusting of NARS Single Eyeshadow in Sophia to entire lid, blending up towards brows for natural shading
· Curl lashes with NARS Eyelash Curler
· Apply NARS Lip Therapy Treatment in Rain to entire lip
· Use NARS Concealer over Rain to mute color
Annie's Thoughts: I think this foundation looks so damn promising. I love the dewey finish on the models skin.
The Helmut Newton reference threw me a bit.
I thought the makeup look was more Peter Beard.